1. Aim to have a high fibre lunch, to sustain you and keep you full throughout the day. Why not include brown breads, grains and wholegrain rice as part of your meal to help you reach you reach your goal of 30g of fibre a day.
2. Snack smart – have a slice of wholemeal bread with different toppings such as peanut butter, hummus, avocado or even some cheese and fruit. If you’re not a fan of toast with toppings try some veggie crudités and dips.
3. If having a soup always go for a veggie mix and top with seeds, on the side try a slice of wholemeal bread or oatcakes. Another idea would be to add some rice to your soup for an added bit of fibre.
4. Add extra veggies to your sauces such as a bolognaise sauce or even a curry sauce.
5. Bulk up your dishes with pulses, lentils or beans to add some more texture and additional fibre.
6. Opt for smoothies over fruit juices, get creative and mix up the variety of fruit and even try adding some flaxseed or oats.
7. Leave the skin on your veggies and potatoes, a common misconception is that they are inedible, when actually they contain a lot of fibre and some nutrients too. Just ensure they are well cooked as this will aid digestion.
8. Serve your chilli or curry with Tilda Tasty Wholegrains for a boost of fibre with 3.8g per 125g portion.
9. Not all wholegrain products are high in fibre, so if you can’t get these then why not opt for products that are a source of fibre, which you can get from the Tilda Tasty Wholegrains range.
10. Make a simple sugar swap every now and again, opt for some dried fruit over your usual pick me up chocolate in the afternoon. Just 80g of dried apricots contain 5g of fibre and 80g of prunes 4.6g of fibre.
Rhiannon Lambert is Founder of leading Harley Street clinic Rhitrition and is registered with the Association for Nutrition (RNutr).
This warm salad will provide a rainbow of colours to brighten up any winter’s day. It’s rich in vitamin A, important for a healthy immune system, and is ready in less than 10 minutes.
A creamy sauce with mushrooms, spinach and shallots served on a bed of Wholegrain & Wild Rice
Delicious, tender chicken spiced with Middle-Eastern flavours. A tasty and comforting one-pot dish that is quick and even more nutritious when served with Tilda Wholegrain rice.
A spicy wholegrain pilaff, with courgettes, lamb and mushrooms.
Jazz up your midweek menu with our Limited Edition inspired by the flavours of New Orleans
Please login to your account below. Don't have an account? Create one
Your Email Address
Please fill in the details below. Already have an account? Sign in
Create a password
Send me exciting recipes and new website content