All Tilda packaging can now be recycled at collection points at larger supermarkets with carrier bags. To find collection points near you please visit below. More collection points will be added over time – https://flexibleplasticfund.org.uk/find-a-collection-point
Tilda is voluntarily supporting the Flexible Plastic Fund which is a partnership between retailers and other brand owners to fund recycling of flexible plastic in the UK. The good news is that it will accept all current flexible Tilda packaging formats, including pouches.
We are also introducing ‘recycle-ready’ packaging.
Not only can these ‘recycle ready’ (PP 5) pouches now be recycled with carrier bags at collection points in large supermarkets. ‘Recycle ready’ packs also mean we’ll be ready for when household collections of flexible plastic film by local authorities begin in the UK.
Currently local authorities in the UK do not accept flexible plastic in household collections, but that will be changing soon. So we are in a period of transition from recycling at larger supermarkets before kerbside collections of flexible plastic begins.
Tilda is committed to 100% of its packaging being readily recyclable.
Tilda is an Associate Member of the UK Plastics Pact. By 2025, The UK Plastics Pact will transform the UK plastic packaging sector and help stop plastics polluting the environment, by delivering:
- Actions to eliminate problematic or unnecessary single-use packaging items through redesign, innovation or alternative (reuse) delivery models.
- 100% of plastic packaging to be reusable, packaging recyclable or compostable.
- 70% of plastic packaging effectively recycled or composted.
- 30% average recycled content across all plastic packaging.
As a signatory to the pact, Tilda is now working to:
- Eliminate unnecessary and problematic packaging and plastic products.
- Ensuring all plastic packaging is practically recyclable.
- Using recycled plastic in your packaging and products where possible.