Autumnal Pumpkin Curry
- 61 - 90 Minutes
- Serves 2
Sarah says: “This pumpkin curry is perfect for Autumn! It is bursting with sweet and earthy flavours that are typical of the season. It is super filling and heart warming which is great for when the weather is getting colder. It is also full of goodness and nutrition though, making it the perfect, healthy October dinner.”
- 1 Pack of Quinoa, Pumpkin and Sunflower Seeds Tilda Steamed Basmati Rice
For the curry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red chilli
- 1/2 green chilli
- 3 cm ginger
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 100g baby sweetcorn
- 100g mange-tout
- 6 large tomatoes, chopped
- 400g can coconut milk
- 1 small pumpkin (around 1kg)
- 1 lime
For roasting the Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Peel and deseed the pumpkin and chop into 4cm chunks (keep the seeds for roasting later).
- Pre heat the oven to 120 degrees celsius.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauce pan and add the onion, shallots, garlic, chilli and ginger until they are softened.
- Meanwhile, gently boil the mange-tout and baby sweetcorn in another pan until they are cooked then drain.
- Meanwhile, add the chopped tomatoes, coriander and coconut milk and bring to boil. Add the mange-tout and baby sweetcorn when they are cooked.
- Bring the heat down and add the pumpkin to the mixture. Squeeze in the juice from half of the lime and then leave to simmer for 45 mins.
- Whilst this is cooking, add the pumpkin seeds to boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain them and then pat them dry in a tea towel. Toss them with the olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl then scatter them on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 15-20 mins.
- When the curry is ready, heat up the rice and serve together. Garnish with more coriander and roasted pumpkin seeds then serve with a wedge of lime.