Grilled Corn with Citrus Salsa
- 0 - 15 Minutes
- Serves 2
- 2 small oranges (one for zest, one for citrus salsa)
- 2 large or 4 small corn on the cobs
- 1 pouch Tilda Caribbean Rice and Peas
For the marinade:
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- pinch salt
For the citrus salsa:
- 12 x cherry tomatoes, cut into halve
- 1 shallot, very finely chopped
- 1 small avocado, roughly chopped
- 15g fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 20g jalapeno peppers in brine, roughly chopped
- 1tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
Preheat the oven to 220C, 200C fan, gas 7.
Mix the marinade ingredients together and rub all over the corn on the cobs. Bake or grill on the BBQ until cooked through.
Whilst cooking, assemble the citrus salsa by combining all the ingredients together and seasoning with a little salt
Heat the Tilda Caribbean Rice & Peas according to pack instructions.
Once the corn is cooked, finely grate over the zest of an orange. Then place on top of the rice and serve with the citrus salsa.