Salmon with Citrus salsa
- 16 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 2
Delicious tender salmon that is crispy and full of citrus flavour on the outside. Add an extra layer of flavour and a hint of chilli spice by serving alongside our Caribbean Rice & Peas. For a vegetarian version, replace the salmon with boiled whole sweetcorn and replace the orange slices with the zest, finely grated over the corn once it comes out of the oven.
Tildalicious tip: the orange slices act as a seal to protect the marinade during cooking and ensure perfectly tender fish as well.
1 pouch Tilda Caribbean Rice & Peas
2 small oranges
2 x 130g skinless salmon fillets
For the marinade
1/2 tsp ground cumin
A pinch of cayenne pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp garlic granules
A pinch of salt
For the citrus mojo
12 x cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
1 shallot, very finely chopped
1 small avocado, roughly chopped
15g fresh coriander, finely chopped
20g jalapeno peppers in brine, roughly chopped
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tbsp fresh orange juice
1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220C, 200C fan, gas 7.
- Juice one of the oranges and with the other, remove the peel and then cut into six thin slices.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together and rub all over the fish. Place the marinated salmon on a lined and top with the orange slices.
- Cook in the middle of the oven for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Whilst the fish is cooking, assemble the citrus mojo by combining all the ingredients together and seasoning with a little salt.
- Heat the Tilda Caribbean Rice and Peas rice according to pack instructions.
- Top the hot rice with the cooked salmon and serve with the citrus salsa.