Caribbean Fish with Mango Salsa
From Mob Kitchen
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 4
We collaborated with MOB Kitchen to bring you a taste of the Caribbean with delicious cod, fresh salsa, and our Rice and Peas.
2 pouches Tilda Caribbean Rice & Peas
4 cod fillets
2 spring onions
2 red peppers
150g of mango
2 x scotch bonnet
800g of cherry tomatoes
500ml of veggie stock
1 tsp of cinnamon
Bunch of thyme
Bunch of coriander
2 tsp allspice
- Coat your cod with a drizzle of olive oil, allspice, and salt. Grate one of your scotch bonnets over the cod and rub everything then marinate for 15 minutes.
- To make your salsa, slice 400g of the tomatoes in half, chop up the mango, spring onion, coriander then squeeze the juice of the lime on top. Mix it all up in a bowl with some salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Next, heat up a glug of olive oil in a pan whilst you slice your onions and peppers. Then, add your onions and peppers to the pan along with allspice, cinnamon, thyme; grate in your other scotch bonnet and cook on a low heat. Fry until the onions have softened, then add the remaining tomatoes. Once the tomatoes have softened, add your veggie stock and bring to the boil before adding your cod. Cover to steam for 10 minutes.
- Cook your Tilda Caribbean Rice & Peas according to the packet instructions.
- Portion up your Tilda rice with the cod then garnish with your salsa and get stuck in!