Aubergine Kokoro with pickled cabbage
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 2
Indulge into an Asian inspired rice bowl, full of colour and flavours.
1 medium aubergine, sliced into 1cm slices and then cut into half moons
- Preheat the oven to 200C, fan 180C, gas 6.
- Place the aubergine slices on a lined baking tray, drizzle with oil and toss the aubergine to coat lightly with oil. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix 100ml boiling water with the vinegar, sugar and salt until dissolved. Mix through the cabbages and set aside to pickle, stirring frequently.
- Mix the miso, soy sauce and honey together with 2 tablespoons of water, pour over the aubergine, coat well, spread out the aubergines and cook for a further 15 minutes until sticky and tender.
- Cook Tilda sticky rice according to pack instructions and share between two shallow bowls. Drain the cabbage, reserving the pickling liquid and dress the rice with some it.
- Top each bowl with a pile of cabbage, some radishes, coriander and divide the sticky miso aubergine between the bowls.
- Finish with peanuts (or sesame seeds), spring onions and chilli slices if using, add more pickling liquid to taste.