- 0 - 15 Minutes
This Mexican inspired recipe of folded tortilla took over the internet by surprise. So simple to make and so tasty to eat, it will bring some fun at lunchtime.
Feel free to explore and fill the tortilla with different combinations of ingredients!
62g Tilda Lime & Coriander rice pouch
1 large flour tortilla
20g grated lighter mature Cheddar
A spoonful (25g) of tzatziki
25g canned sweetcorn
1/4 small red pepper, thinly sliced
- Heat Tilda Lime & Coriander rice according to pack instructions in a microwave.
- Cut a slit from the middle of a large tortilla to the outside and place on a plate.
- Place the rice in the top right hand quarter of the tortilla and the grated cheese in the bottom left hand quarter.
- Microwave for 1 minute until the rice is piping hot and the cheese is melted.
- Spoon the tzatziki over the bottom right quarter and the sweetcorn and peppers over the top left quarter, season with pepper.
- Fold the bottom right quarter over the top right quarter, then over to the top left and finally down to the bottom left quarter to form a triangle and eat.
- Tip: Alternatively assemble the quesadilla as above but don’t microwave any of the ingredients. Heat a non stick frying pan, add a little oil, then fry the tortilla over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned and eat immediately.