Chicken and Egg Oyako Donburi (Rice Bowl)
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 2
Enjoy a classic Japanese rice bowl full of bursting flavours.
- 250g pouch Tilda sticky rice
- 80g mange tout, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce, and extra to serve if desired
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 skinless and boneless chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 spring onion, sliced on the diagonal
- Pour boiling water over the mange tout and carrot, set aside for 10 minutes. Drain and mix with the sesame seeds.
- Meanwhile bring the stock, teriyaki sauce, mirin and onion to a gentle boil, add the chicken and simmer, covered for 5 minutes
- Stir in the beaten egg, cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes until the egg is just set and there is still some stock.
- Cook the Tilda sticky rice according to pack instructions and divide between two bowls.
- Share the chicken and egg mixture between the bowls with any stock and finish with mange tout and carrot, a scattering of spring onion and extra soy sauce if desired.