Wild Rice & Broccoli Soup
- 61 - 90 Minutes
- 4 people
Enjoy a simple vegetable soup, perfect for a winter warmer served for a lunch or dinner.
- 240g Tilda Giant Wild Rice grains, rinsed
- Knob of butter and extra tbsp for rice (optional)
- 4 cloves crushed garlic/1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets, roughly chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- 500ml milk
- 500ml vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley (to garnish)
- Cook the Tilda Giant Wild Rice grains according to packet instructions. Butter is optional but can be added to the water to help separate the rice grains.
- In a pot, sweat an onion in butter and garlic paste on a medium to high heat.
- Next add the broccoli and spinach. Stir until the spinach begins to wilt.
- Then add the milk, vegetable stock, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the giant wild rice grains, leaving some rice behind for garnishing.
- Cover and cook for 5-10 mins until the broccoli softens.
- Using a blender, blend the soup until smooth and creamy. Serve and garnish with rice grains and parsley.