Prawn and coconut curry
From Tilda Kitchen
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 4
This simple and delicious creamy prawn curry is the perfect accompaniment to aromatic and fluffy Tilda Pure Basmati and wild rice. Serve with crisp poppadoms.
240g Tilda Blends Basmati and Wild rice
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 onion, finely chopped
3 tbsp Goan curry paste
2 tbsp tomato puree
2 red chillies, thinly sliced
250ml carton coconut cream
425g raw tiger prawns, shelled and deveined
Toasted shaved coconut to serve
- Cook the rice blend in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water over a medium heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the sunflower oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onions over a medium heat for 5 minutes stirring occasionally until softened and just beginning to colour.
- Stir in the curry paste, tomato puree and chillies and fry for 2 minutes.
- Pour over the coconut cream and 150ml water.
- Bring to the boil, simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Drain the rice and return to the pan, cover and leave to stand for 3 minutes.
- Stir the prawns into the curry sauce and cook over a high heat for 4-5 minutes stirring until the prawns turn pink and are cooked through.
- Fork through the rice grains and serve with the creamy prawn curry, lime wedges, fresh coriander leaves scattered over and shaved coconut if liked.
- As an alternative you can use Tilda Pure Basmati Rice.