Prawn and coconut curry
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 4
This simple and delicious creamy prawn curry is the perfect accompaniment to aromatic and fluffy Tilda Pure Basmati and wild rice. Serve with crisp poppadoms.
- 240g Tilda Blends Basmati and Wild rice
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Goan curry paste
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 red chillies, thinly sliced
- 250ml carton coconut cream
- 425g raw tiger prawns, shelled and deveined
- Fresh coriander
- Lime wedges
- Toasted shaved coconut to serve
- Cook the rice blend in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water over a medium heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the sunflower oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onions over a medium heat for 5 minutes stirring occasionally until softened and just beginning to colour.
- Stir in the curry paste, tomato puree and chillies and fry for 2 minutes.
- Pour over the coconut cream and 150ml water.
- Bring to the boil, simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Drain the rice and return to the pan, cover and leave to stand for 3 minutes.
- Stir the prawns into the curry sauce and cook over a high heat for 4-5 minutes stirring until the prawns turn pink and are cooked through.
- Fork through the rice grains and serve with the creamy prawn curry, lime wedges, fresh coriander leaves scattered over and shaved coconut if liked.
- As an alternative you can use Tilda Pure Basmati Rice.