From Tilda Kitchen
- 61 - 90 Minutes
- Serves 4
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 tsp turmeric
bunch of fresh chopped coriander stalks and picked coriander leaves
1 tbsp. ras el hanout (spice mix)
400g diced turkey breast (or soya mince)
200g butternut squash, peeled and diced
400g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
150g soft dried apricots, halved
400g tin chopped tomatoes
500ml Gluten Free chicken stock
120g almonds, blanched
100g pomegranate seeds
zest of 1 lemon
salt & freshly ground
yogurt to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas mark 6.
- Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole dish, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat until softened.
- Add the garlic, turmeric, ras el hanout and coriander stalks and cook, stirring, for a couple of minutes.
- Add the turkey, butternut squash, chickpeas and halved apricots to the casserole, then pour over the tomatoes and stock.
- Season well with salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Put the lid on and transfer to the oven.
- After 30 minutes, turn down the over to 150°C/Gas mark 4, stir the tagine and return to the oven, uncovered, for a further 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile empty the almonds onto a baking tray and bake for 6-8 minutes until golden, then finely slice.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Stir in the almonds and pomegranate seeds then sprinkle over the lemon zest and coriander leaves.
- Serve with Tilda Wholegrain Basmati Rice and yoghurt.