Kids Mexican Veggie Chilli
- 16 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 1
- 1 pouch Tilda Kids Vegetable & Wholegrain Rice
- 1 spring onion, snipped
- Pinch of mild chilli powder
- ¼ tsp each of cumin powder and cinnamon powder
- ¼ red pepper, diced
- 4 mushrooms, diced
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tomato, chopped
For a delicious adult version of this recipe
- Swap the Tilda Kids Vegetable & Wholegrain rice for Tilda Steamed Brown Basmati and Quinoa
- Double the rest of the ingredients
Heat the oil in a pan and add the spring onion, chilli, cumin and cinnamon powders.
Allow to cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
Add the pepper and mushroom and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
Add the rice, stir through and cook for 3 minutes.
Add the beans and fresh tomato, cook for a minute and then turn down the heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.