Kids Mexican Veggie Chilli
From Tilda Kitchen
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 1
Tangy tomato, mild spices and kidney beans make this a scrumptious mini Mexican feast! Combined with healthy basmati rice and plenty of tasty veg, you can be confident that your little one is enjoying a bowl of wholesome deliciousness!
1 spring onion, snipped
Pinch of mild chilli powder
¼ tsp each of cumin powder and cinnamon powder
¼ red pepper, diced
4 mushrooms, diced
½ tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 tomato, chopped
For a delicious adult version of this recipeSwap the Tilda Kids Vegetable & Wholegrain rice for Tilda Steamed Brown Basmati and Quinoa
Double the rest of the ingredients
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the spring onion, chilli, cumin and cinnamon powders.
- Allow to cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add the pepper and mushroom and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rice, stir through and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the beans and fresh tomato, cook for a minute and then turn down the heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.