Chipotle Tofu Rice Bowl
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 4
We have slathered a sticky, smokey and spicy sauce on crispy tofu. Brown Basmati rice is essential to mop up all those glorious juices from the tofu and salsa. Courtesy of MOB Kitchen.
- 400g Tilda Brown Basmati Rice
- ½ Red Onion
- 1 Tin Black Beans
- ½ Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 450g Firm Tofu
- 3 Tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 Tsp Cayenne
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Puree
- 3 Tbsp Chipotle Chilli Paste
- 1 Tsp Agave
- 2 Tomatoes
- ½ Red Onion
- Small Handful Of Coriander
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 Lime
- 1 Corn On The Cob
- Olive Oil
- Wash your rice well in cold water and pop it on the stove covered in cold water. Bring the rice to a simmer, then cover with a lid and cook for 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
- Preheat the grill to a medium heat.
- Coat the corn in oil, salt and pepper and pop into the grill until it charred and blistered.
- Chop up the firm tofu into 2cm squares and coat in 2 tbsp of your cornflour, cayenne, oregano, garlic powder and ground cumin.
- Add a small glug of oil into a frying pan and fry the tofu on all sides until golden brown for 2 - 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate with a paper towel.
- In the same pan, add a little oil and grate in your clove of garlic. Fry for one minute, then add your tomato paste and cook for 5 minutes until it is a dark brown. Add in the chipotle paste and the agave.
- Mix your remaining cornflour with 1 tbsp water. Pour 250ml water into your pan, then add your cornstarch slurry. Mix well until combined, then simmer until you have a thick sauce. Toss in the tofu and coat, adding a little more water to loosen if necessary.
- Finely chop up the red onion, coriander and green chilli. Dice the tomatoes.
- Combine the tomatoes, coriander, chilli and half of the red onion in a bowl. Squeeze in the juice of a lime and season with salt.
- Back to the rice. In another pan, fry your remaining red onion and cumin seeds in oil for 5-6 minutes until softened. Add in the tin of drained black beans and mix gently to warm through. Drain the cooked rice and stir through with the beans.
- Slice off the corn from the cob and season with salt.
- Plate up the bowls with a bed of rice and then chipotle tofu, salsa and corn. Squeeze on some more lime and coriander, then dig in.