Superfood Rice with Salmon & Spinach Pesto
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 2
- 100g Tilda Brown Basmati rice
- 1 tbsp rice bran oil
- 2 salmon fillets
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
For the Watercress and Spinach Pesto:
- 6 tbsps rice bran oil
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 25g watercress leaves
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 50g flaked almonds
- 10g mixed seeds, such as sunflower, sesame and pumpkin
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the rice into a large saucepan of boiling water. Simmer over a medium heat for 25 minutes until tender. Drain well.
- While the rice is cooking make the pesto. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until finely chopped.
- When the rice is almost ready, heat the oil in a frying pan and add the salmon fillets. Cook for 4-5 minutes each side, until golden brown. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and spinach to the pan and fry for a few minutes until the spinach has wilted and the tomatoes have slightly softened.
- Add the rice and the pesto and blend well.
- Serve on to dishes and top with the salmon.