Chinese Pork & Pepper Stir-fry
From Tilda Kitchen
- Serves 2
Turn up the heat using our tasty Firecracker rice in this Chinese-inspired stir-fry. For a delicious vegetarian option replace pork with a thin egg omelette!
Tildalicious tip: Bashing the pork with corn flour is a great way to tenderise it to ensure succulent meat, even when stir fried.
1 pouch Tilda Firecracker rice
300g pork loin, cut into thin strips
1 tsp sesame oil
2 peppers, not green, de-seeded and cut into thin strips
150g frozen peas
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1cm root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
1 spring onion, finely chopped
A handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
2 tsp dark soy sauce
2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- Place the pork and cornflour in a reusable sealable bag, seal with no air and coat the pork in the cornflour. Gently bash the meat mixture with a rolling pin to flatten.
- Heat the sesame oil a large non stick frying pan and fry the pepper strips with the pork for 5 minutes until golden all over.
- Turn down the heat and add the frozen peas, garlic and ginger to the pan. Cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook Tilda Firecracker rice according to pack instructions.
- Top the hot rice with the stir fried pork and peppers, then garnish with the prepared spring onions and coriander. Serve with the soy and vinegar mixed together on the side.
- For the vegetarian option replace pork with a thin egg omelette by frying 3 whisked eggs. Once set, remove and cut into ribbons, then add onto the top of the stir fry mixture before serving.