Chicken and Prawn Jambalaya
- 16 - 30 Minutes
Jazz up your mealtimes with this tasty jambalaya! Inspired by New Orleans cuisine, this dish is both delicious and easy, filled with peppers, chicken and prawns. Add your own twist by throwing in any meat, seafood or veggies that you have leftover in the kitchen!
- 1 pouch Long Grain rice
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 orange pepper, cut into chunks
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 pack raw prawns
- Handful of parsley, finely chopped
- In a large pan heat the oil and gently fry the onion, garlic, peppers and celery for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the smoked paprika, Cajun and Creole seasoning and chicken. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the rice, then add the prawns and cook until they turn pink.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve piping hot.