Sesame & Honey Chicken
- 16 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 2
Crispy, sticky chicken pieces tossed in a sweet and savoury honey sesame sauce. Inspired by Chinese cuisine, this dish is best served with Tilda Long Grain rice.
- 1 pouch Premium USA Long Grain rice 250g Long Grain Rice
- 1 large chicken breast, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 thumb ginger, finely grated
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 large pinches of Chinese five spice
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Mix together the sesame oil, ginger, honey, Chinese five spice and soy sauce. Coat the chicken with the honey.
- Add the chicken to a hot griddle pan or wok and fry until cooked and a lovely golden brown colour. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat the oil in pan and gently fry the spring onions until soft. Heat the rice in the microwave for 1 minute and then add to the spring onions.
- To serve heap the rice mixture into a large bowl and top with the chicken. Drizzle any leftover juices over the chicken and finish with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds (if using).