Spicy Chickpea, Spinach & Rice Soup
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 4
Spicy rice and spinach soup with chickpeas, tomato and peri peri.
- 2 pouches Tilda® Ready to Heat Peri Peri Rice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 14-oz cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 5 cups spinach leaves
- 2 Tbsp vegetarian feta-style cheese (optional if vegan)
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and gently cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add the paprika and cook for 2 minutes, then add the chickpeas and tomatoes and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil, reduce heat, and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the Tilda® Ready to Heat Peri Peri Rice according to package instructions.
- When soup has finished simmering, add the rice to the pot.
- Serve the soup garnished with feta, if using, and parsley.