- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 2
For a taste of the Caribbean, try chicken marinated in flavorsome jerk spice and paired with our Peri Peri Rice.
- 2 scallions, finely chopped, 1 tbs reserved for garnish
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Scotch bonnet chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 pouch Tilda® Ready to Heat Peri Peri Rice
- 1 banana, sliced lengthwise
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the scallions, ginger, garlic, chile, allspice, lime juice, thyme, oil and honey.
- Place the chicken thighs in an ovenproof dish and coat with the marinade. Marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Cook the chicken thighs for 20-30 minutes until browned and cooked through and the marinate has thickened.
- Fry the banana in a griddle pan until brown and softened.
- Heat the rice according to package directions.
- Serve the jerk chicken with the rice and griddled banana, and scatter shredded spring onions on top.