From Tilda Kitchen
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 3
For a taste of the Caribbean, try chicken marinaded in flavorsome jerk spice and paired with our Rice and Peas Steamed Basmati variant.
1 Pouch Tilda Caribbean Rice and Peas
8 boneless chicken thighs
1 banana, sliced lengthways
A couple of shredded spring onions
For the marinade
4 spring onions, finely chopped
1 thumb of ginger, finely grated
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 Scotch bonnet chilies, finely chopped
1 tsp allspice
Juice of 1 lime
A few fresh thyme leaves
2 tbs vegetable oil
2 tbs honey
- Preheat the oven to 374°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together.
- Place the chicken thighs in an ovenproof dish and smother with the marinade. Marinate for as long as possible, ideally overnight if you have time.
- Cook the chicken thighs for 30–40 minutes until brown and the sauce is sticky.
- Fry the banana in a griddle pan until brown and softened.
- Heat the rice as per the instructions on the pack.
- Serve the jerk chicken with the rice and griddled banana, and scatter shredded spring onions on top.