BBQ Peri-Peri Chicken
From Tilda Kitchen
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 4
A delightful blend of sweet BBQ chicken with the peppery heat of our Peri-Peri rice. For a vegetarian alternative, try with chopped mushrooms or grilled halloumi cheese in a quick and tasty wrap.
1 level tsp of Per-Peri seasoning
2 tbs sunflower oil
3 tbs BBQ sauce of your choice
2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves of garlic
4 tsp chili sriracha sauce
2 tsp Dijon mustard
Lemon juice and zest
2 chicken breasts
For the fruity slaw:1 carrot (coarsely grated)
1 small red onion (finely sliced)
½ cup fresh mango (finely sliced)
½ cup fresh pineapple (finely chopped)
½ cup cabbage (finely shredded)
Juice from half a lime
1 heaped tbs mayonnaise
Small handful of fresh parsley (finely chopped)
Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Except for the chicken breast, add all of the ingredients from the main part of the recipe into a small food processor.
- Blend to a smooth paste.
- Place the chicken in an ovenproof dish and smother with the paste, making sure all of the chicken is coated.
- Cook in the oven for 25–30 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked, basting half way through.
- Meanwhile, make the fruity slaw by combining all the ingredients in a bowl, and seasoning well with salt & pepper.
- Serve together and enjoy.