Kids Kedgeree20 mins
- Serves 1
- Cook: 20 mins
The smoky flavours from the fish, combined with the subtle spices of the Mild Curry rice is an excellent introduction to new flavours. Protein, minerals and vitamins from the eggs and oily fish make this a perfectly balanced recipe that is sure to become a quick and easy mid-week favourite!
- Gluten Free
- 1 pouch Tilda Kids Mild Curry Rice
- 1 spring onion, snipped
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp frozen peas
- 1 small or half fillet of smoked mackerel, skin removed and flaked
- 1 egg
- Squeeze of lemon
- Handful of finely chopped parsley
For a delicious adults version of this recipe:
- Swap the Tilda Kids Mild Curry rice for Tilda Lemon & Herbs Steamed Basmati
- Double the rest of the ingredients
- When cooking the spring onion, add a tsp of turmeric and 2 tsp of curry powder
Place the egg in a pan of cold water, bring to the boil and allow to simmer for 7-8 minutes until hard boiled.
While the egg is cooking, place the frozen peas in a pan of boiling water and cook for 4-5 minutes, drain and set aside.
Once cool enough to handle, peel away the shell of the egg and finely chop.
Heat the oil in a pan and add the chopped spring onion. Cook for a few minutes to soften.
Stir in the rice and cook for a further 3 minutes.
Stir in the mackerel and peas and allow to heat through.
Sprinkle over the chopped egg, parsley and add a squeeze of lemon juice.