Turkey Jambalaya served with Green Salad
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 4
Tilda Pure Basmati absorbs all the rich creole flavours without losing its tender, separate grains in this exotic, week-night meal.
For the rice
200g Tilda Pure Basmati Rice
650ml chicken stock (made with 11/2 stock cubes)*
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce
1 tsp each dried Thyme and Oregano
2 bay leaves
For the meat and vegetables
2 tbsp vegetable oil
450g turkey breast strips
3 tsp Cajun spice mix/seasoning
1 onion, finely chopped
1 each red and green pepper, diced
2 stalks celery, finely sliced
2 spring onions, roughly sliced
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
3 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
green salad to serve
- Rinse the rice three times in cold water and drain well.
- Place the chicken stock in a large saucepan, bring to the boil and add the remaining rice ingredients.
- Add the rice, cover, and cook over a very low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the stock is absorbed and the rice is cooked. Remove the bay leaves.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the turkey and Cajun spice mix and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the onion and stir-fry for a further 3-4 minutes, then turn down the heat to low and add the peppers, celery, spring onions and garlic and stir-fry gently for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and parsley to the meat and vegetables in the pan. Stir to combine, then mix gently into the cooked rice.
- Season to taste and serve immediately with a crisp, green salad.