Thai Curry Sweet Potato Soup with Super Grains
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 4
The flavours of the Tilda Super Grains Sweet Potato, Chilli & Coconut are mirrored in this creamy sweet potato soup, made with red Thai curry paste and coconut milk. Don’t forget the garnish to take your soup up a notch!
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (around 800g total)
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 tbsp red Thai curry paste
- 150ml coconut milk
- 2 x 220g sachets Tilda Super Grains Sweet Potato, Chilli & Coconut
- To garnish: fresh coriander, sliced spring onions, sliced mild red chillies
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, and add the diced onion. Cook over a medium heat for a few minutes, until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Peel the sweet potatoes, and cut into 2cm dice. Add to the pan, along with the vegetable stock. Cover the pan with a lid, and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Cook for around 25 minutes until the sweet potato is very soft - you should be able to squash a piece with the back of your spoon.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until it’s fairly smooth. Add the red Thai curry paste and coconut milk, and mix well.
- Next add the Super Grains Sweet Potato, Chilli & Coconut, and cook for just a few more minutes until the grains are completely cooked.
- Serve the soup with plenty of garnish - fresh coriander, sliced spring onions and sliced mild chillies are all good options.