- 16 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 pouches Tilda Long Grain Rice or Tilda Golden Vegetable Rice
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 medium aubergine, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium courgette, chopped
- 2 tbsps. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsps. sun dried tomato paste
- 2 tsps. Herbs de Provence
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- Handful fresh basil, chopped
Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and fry the onions, aubergine and garlic. Season well and cook over a high heat for 5 minutes.
Add the red pepper and courgette and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Add the vinegar, tomato paste, herbs and tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes (longer if you have time).
Check seasoning and stir through basil.
Heat the rice in the microwave or pan according to pack instructions and serve with the piping hot ratatouille.