- 16 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 4
Ratatouille is a dish of stewed vegetables originating from the South of France, packed with delicious vegetables and flavourful herbs. Perfect with Tilda rice.
- 2 pouches Tilda Long Grain Rice or Tilda Golden Vegetable Rice
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 medium aubergine, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium courgette, chopped
- 2 tbsps. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsps. sun dried tomato paste
- 2 tsps. Herbs de Provence
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- Handful fresh basil, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and fry the onions, aubergine and garlic. Season well and cook over a high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the red pepper and courgette and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, tomato paste, herbs and tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes (longer if you have time).
- Check seasoning and stir through basil.
- Heat the rice in the microwave or pan according to pack instructions and serve with the piping hot ratatouille.