Leek & Turmeric Chicken Bake
From Ellenor Ransom
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 2
Ellenor says: “I had this dish when I was 18 years old and on holiday in Chang Mai in Thailand; where they made this amazing delicious curry. Since my travels I have tried to recreate the dishes I tried at home, which is where I came up with this one. It’s such a simple dish as everything gets thrown into one roasting tray with minimal fuss – perfect for a Friday treat.”
180g Tilda Fragrant Jasmine Rice
6 chicken thighs with skin on
1 & 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tin of coconut milk
2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 chilli pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Cut the leeks into three sections and then half them. Place the halfs into a roasting tray.
- Mix the coconut milk, fish sauce and turmeric in a jug until combined and them pour into the tray.
- Add the chicken thighs (skin side up) and spinkle a little more turmeric onto the skin. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the chicken uncovered for 40-45 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook your rice according to the instructions on the packet.
- Once cooked, serve immediately.