Chicken Massaman Curry
From Tilda Kitchen
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 2
A mild and slightly sweet curry originating from South Thailand. Delicious served with sticky Tilda Fragrant Jasmine rice.
1/2 red chilli (de-seeded and cut into very thin matchsticks)
1 spring onion, trimmed, halved and thinly shredded
25g unsalted peanuts
200ml reduced fat coconut milk
100ml hot chicken stock
1 cinnamon stick
50g Massaman Thai curry paste
250g skinless, boneless chicken thighs cut into chunks
150g baby potatoes, halved
Small handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped (there is lots of flavour in the stalk as well!)
Finely grated zest and juice of 1/2 lime
Salt, and freshly ground black pepper
Lime wedges to garnish
- Place the chilli and spring onion into a bowl of ice cold water and set aside while cooking the curry.
- Dry fry the peanuts in a small pan for 1-2 minutes until toasted. Set aside.
- Place coconut milk, chicken stock, cinnamon stick and curry paste into a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Stir in the chicken and potatoes , cover and cook over a low heat for 20 minutes or until the chicken and potatoes are tender and cooked through.
- Discard the cinnamon stick. Stir in half the coriander, lime zest and juice and season to taste.
- Cook the rice according to pack instructions then arrange into individual serving dishes.
- Spoon over the Massaman curry. Scatter over the peanuts and remaining coriander. Drain the spring onions and scatter over the curry to serve.
- Serve with lime wedges to be squeezed over to taste.