From Tilda Kitchen
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 3
Despite its very few ingredients, this tasty recipe definitely doesn’t lack on flavour and comforting aromas! A delicious full-flavoured Filipino dish perfectly paired with sticky Jasmine rice.
2 pouches Tilda Steamed Fragrant Jasmine Rice or 200g Tilda Dry Fragrant Jasmine Rice
70ml soy sauce
8 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
1 tsp black peppercorns
1 tsp sugar
2 bay leaves
125ml white wine vinegar
6 chicken thighs or legs with the bone in
- In a large deep-sided frying pan, add the soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, peppercorns, sugar and bay leaves.
- Nestle the chicken pieces skin side down into the pan and simmer over a low heat.
- Bring the chicken pan up to the boil and then simmer, covered 20 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over and the cover and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and increase the heat so the sauce can reduce down by half and thicken slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to pack instructions and serve alongside the chicken adobo.