Grilled Chicken & Aubergine with Halloumi & Vegetables
From Beth Trueman
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 1
The perfect accompaniment to your post-workout routine, this recipe is packed with micronutrients, with a balance of carbohydrates, protein and fat for optimal recovery after exercise.
1/2 of a Pepper (chopped)
1/4 of a Red Onion (sliced)
1/2 an Aubergine (sliced in long thin pieces)
Handful of Kale
Handful of Button Mushrooms
1 Chicken Breast Steak
Teaspoon of Paprika
Teaspoon of Olive Oil
2 small slices of Halloumi Cheese
For accompanying dips1/2 an Avocado
Lime and Lemon (for seasoning)
2 Large Salad Tomatoes
Sprig of Fresh Coriander
50g Natural Yoghurt
Sprig of Fresh Mint
- Start by chopping your pepper, onion and courgette.
- Slice your aubergine into long thin pieces, along with the halloumi cheese.
- For the dips, start by mashing 1/2 an avocado, and seasoning with chilli pepper, and a squeeze of lemon and place in a small bowl.
- Next, chop the 2 large salad tomatoes, removing the insides and pips and just cutting the outside flesh. Pop this into another little dipping bowl, and season this time with lime, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Finally, make a yoghurt and mint dip by mixing 50g natural yoghurt with chopped mint, a squeeze of lime and a sprinkle of pepper and add to a third bowl.
- Add the pepper, onion and courgette to a roasting tin with a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Cook for approximately 10 - 15 minutes at 160 degrees, until soft.
- Place aubergine and halloumi in a griddle pan or on a George Foreman style grill. Cook on both sides and pop into the oven to keep warm
- se the same pan or grill to cook the chicken breast steak on a low heat to keep it succulent.
- Add a handful of kale and button mushrooms into a pan and season with paprika, salt, pepper and a dash of olive oil. Fry off for a few minutes.
- Transfer into the oven roasting pan to crisp up. The kale should go nice and crispy.
- Finish off by cooking the Tilda Super Grain pouch for two minutes in the microwave and serving.