Baked Stuffed Peppers
From Tilda Kitchen
- 16 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 2
An easy midweek meal that is sure to be a family favourite! Our Lemon & Herb rice adds a zesty twist to these tasty peppers stuffed with beef mince and lots of vegetables! For a delicious vegetarian version replace the beef with canned chickpeas. Perfect served with soured cream and a touch of smoked paprika.
Tildalicious tip: Tinned tomatoes are a great way of upping your intake of vegetables. 1 tin of tomatoes contains 2 of your 5 a day!
1 pouch Lemon & Herb rice
2 large red or yellow peppers, cut in half and deseeded
200g 10 % fat beef mince
100g frozen chopped onions
1 tsp garlic granules
1 small courgette, coarsely grated
80g frozen peas
400g can finely chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp natural yoghurt or reduced fat soured cream, to serve
1/2 tsp smoked paprika, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 230C, fan 210C, gas 8.
- Place the pepper halves in an ovenproof dish and cook in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat a large non-stick deep frying pan and fry off the beef, onion and garlic over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Take off the heat and stir through the Tilda Lemon & Herb rice, courgette, peas, and tomatoes.
- Take the peppers out of the oven and spoon the mixture into the pepper halves. Put the stuffed peppers back into the hot oven for a final 15 minutes.
- Serve with yoghurt or soured cream and a generous sprinkle of paprika.