Chicken Power Bowl
From Tilda Kitchen
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 4
This isn’t just your average chicken and rice. Packed full of goodness, flavour and colour, power up with this recipe. A combination of avocado, kale crisps, roasted veggies and our Brown and Wild Rice come together to keep you going all day long, in one healthy and delicious bowl.
100g Tilda Blends Brown and Wild Rice
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 small onion
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 cloves garlic
2 chicken breasts, sliced
1 tsp salt
1 tsp turmeric
½ tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
3 cm ginger, grated
1 green chilli finely chopped
For the salad
Large pinch of walnuts
½ butternut squash, peeled and chopped into small dices
½ tsp cumin seeds
1 avocado, peeled and sliced into thick slices
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Coat the diced butternut squash in a little oil and a sprinkle of cumin seeds and chilli. Bake for 25 minutes until soft and charred. Remove and cool.
- Coat the kale in a sprinkle of oil with some cumin and cook in the oven for 10 minutes until crisp – do not let it brown too much. Remove and leave to cool.
- Cook the rice as per the instructions on the pack.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard and cumin seeds until they sizzle and become fragrant.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent and add the garlic. Sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sliced chicken and stir for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the salt, turmeric and chilli powders with the ginger and chilli and continue to cook. You can add a little splash of water if it feels too dry. Once the chicken is cooked through (about 5-6 minutes), remove from the heat and check the seasoning. Leave to cool. (You can add the cooked rice to the chicken mixture or leave it separate).
- Toast the walnuts in a dry frying pan for about 3-4 minutes, until golden. Cool, then crush in a pestle and mortar.
- Heat a griddle and sear the avocado slices.
- Build your salad with the butternut squash, chicken mixture, the griddled avocado, cooked Basmati and Wild rice, the crispy kale and sprinkle over the crushed toasted walnuts with the dressing.