Salmon & Broccoli Pilaf
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 4
Wholegrain Basmati has a low GI and releases energy slowly, this helps to keep blood sugar levels stable throughout the day helping to sustain engery levels. Furthermore the salmon dish is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids which are good for mental health, brain function and energy production.
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
Grated rind of half a lemon
300ml Gluten Free vegetable stock
250g broccoli cut into small florets
100g baby spinach leaves
Handful of snipped chives
200g salmon fillets
40g flaked almonds
1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Use a steamer to cook the salmon or wrap in foil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, add the broccoli for the last 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Cook the onion for five minutes or until soft.
- Add the garlic and lemon rind and cook for one minute or until aromatic.
- Add the Tilda Steamed Wholegrain Basmati & Wild Rice and stir for two minutes or until the grains until heated through. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Then reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the salmon and gently break into flakes. Add the broccoli and salmon to the rice. Stir in the spinach and chives, top the pilaf with almonds and serve with lemon wedges.