From Tilda Kitchen
- 31 - 60 Minutes
Simply translated as ‘mixed rice with meat and assorted vegetables’, Bibimbap is a delicious Korean dish that is easy to cook at home! By using Tilda Long Grain rice, this is a truly tasty, nutritious dish.
2 pouches Tilda Premium USA Long Grain Rice or 200g Tilda Premium USA Long Grain Rice
150g carrots, cut into very thin strips
150g daikon radish, peeled and cut into thin strips
150g bean sprouts
150g cucumber, halved lengthways into thin strips
2 tbsp vegetable oil
200g mushrooms, sliced
Toasted sesame seeds to serve
For the gochujang sauce
3 tbsp gochujang chilli paste
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Place all the ingredients for the gochujang sauce in a bowl, cover and set aside.
- Pour the rice into a large pan of boiling water and cook for 20-30 minutes or until just tender. Alternatively, if using rice in pouches, heat according to pack instructions once rest of the dish is ready to be served.
- Meanwhile, place the carrots in a large pan of boiling water and cook for 1 minute or until just cooked. Remove and set aside. Repeat with the daikon, bean sprouts and cucumber. Keep all of your vegetables in separate piles aside.
- In a frying pan, add 1 tbsp of oil and stir fry the mushrooms for 5 minutes or until cooked. Add the remaining oil and spinach, cook for 1-2 minutes or until just wilted. Removed and set aside.
- In the same pan as the spinach, fry the eggs and set aside.
- Once the rice is cooked, drain and divide into four bowls. Place an egg in the centre of each bowl. Arrange the vegetables around the egg and sprinkle each dish with sesame oil, soy sauce and toasted sesame seeds. Serve with gochujang sauce.