From Tilda Kitchen
- 31 - 60 Minutes
Nasi goreng, meaning “rice fried”, is an Indonesian classic and can be had morning, noon and night! Our version is made with Kicap Manis, a sweet & thick soy sauce that is boldly full of flavour.
Tildalicious Tip: If you cannot get kicap manis then replace with a mix of 2 tbsp soy sauce and 1 tbsp soft brown sugar.
300g Tilda Easy Cook Long Grain rice (or 2 pouches Tilda Premium USA Long Grain Microwave rice)
3 eggs, beaten
3 tbsp Kicap Manis
1 tbsp fish sauce
Juice of 1 lime
4 tbsp vegetable oil
1 red chilli, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
2cm knob of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
250g raw king prawns
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
150g green beans, cut in half
4 spring onions
Soy sauce to serve
- Cook the rice in a large pot of boiling water for 20 minutes or until just tender. Alternatively, stir fry 2 packs of Long Grain Microwave rice with the other ingredients for 3 minutes in Step 7.
- Over a medium heat, add one tablespoon of oil to a large non-stick frying pan or wok. When hot add the beaten eggs and swirl the pan until you create a thin omelette. Set aside to cool and then cut into thin strips.
- In a bowl, combine the Kicap Manis, fish sauce and lime and set aside.
- When the rice is almost ready, over a medium heat, heat half the oil in a large wok or frying pan. When the pan is hot, add the chilli and garlic and fry for 30 seconds or until the garlic is just golden.
- Add the ginger, prawns and shredded chicken breast and stir fry for a further one minute.
- Add the green beans and spring onions and cook until the prawns turn pink and are cooked through.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir to combine.
- Pour over the soy sauce mixture, add the sliced omelette and stir fry until all the ingredients are coated and piping hot. Sprinkle with the remaining spring onions and chopped coriander.