Super Grains - Asian Greens and Ginger Broth
From Rob Hobson
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 2
A soup that delivers the full multi-sensory experience with the crunch of the Chinese cabbage and our Super Grains Quinoa rice, paired with the sweet aroma of the broth.
1 tbsp light olive oil
1 red onion, finely sliced
1 large garlic clove, finely sliced
2 thumb-sized pieces of ginger, peeled and grated
1 stick of lemongrass, bashed gently
½ red chilli, finely chopped (to taste)
1 celery stick, finely diced
1 tbsp light soy sauce (low sodium)
1 lime, juiced
1 small pak choi, base trimmed and leaves cut lengthways into 1 cm slices
½ packet of Tilda Super Grains Lime and Herb Quinoa, Brown Basmati and Wild Rice
1 spring onion, finely sliced
¼ small head of Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
Small handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Place a large saucepan over a high heat. Add the oil then the onion then turn the heat down to medium. Cook the onion gently for about 8-10 minutes until translucent.
- Add the garlic, ginger, lemongrass and chilli to the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the celery, soy sauce, lime juice and water to the pan and bring to the boil then turn down the heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Add the pak choi and rice to the pan then simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and check for seasoning.
- Place the Spring onion, Chinese cabbage and coriander into two small bowls and then pour over the broth.