Veggie Zucchini & Asparagus Risotto with Minted Pea Puree
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 4
A delicate Risotto with a vibrant green color from the added Pea Puree.
- 1 cup Tilda® Pure Basmati Rice
- 1 cup peas, frozen, divided
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2½ cups prepared vegetable stock
- 1 zucchini, finely diced
- 8 asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- Using a food processor, make the minted pea puree by combining ¾ cup of the frozen peas and the mint and process until smooth.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add the garlic and shallots and fry gently for 3–5 minutes.
- Add the rice to the pan and coat all the grains.
- Add the vegetable stock ½ cup at a time while stirring. When you add the last ½ cup, add the diced zucchini and asparagus and simmer until the rice is cooked and all the stock is absorbed.
- Add the minted pea puree and the remaining peas.
- Stir in the butter and Parmesan, allowing it to melt into the risotto.
- Stir in the parsley and serve.