- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 4
A rich tomato-based stew with a delicious mix of seafood flavored with fennel and shallots.
- 1 cup Tilda® Pure Basmati
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fish stock or white wine
- 3 cups tomato puree
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper, ground
- 12 oz firm white fish such as monkfish, cod or halibut, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 oz mixed seafood, such as shrimp, mussels or calamari
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the garlic, shallots, and fennel and fry gently until soft for about 3–5 minutes.
- Add the stock or wine, tomato puree, red bell pepper, paprika, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the fish and seafood mix and transfer to an ovenproof dish or tagine.
- Cover and cook in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the mussels have opened and fish is cooked through.
- While the tagine is cooking, prepare the rice according to package directions and serve hot with the stew.