Vegetable Rogan Josh
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 2
Tilda® Basmati rice is the perfect accompaniment to this delicious curry. Check out our recipe page for our tasty Lamb Rogan Josh for a non-vegetarian version.
- 1 cup Tilda® Extra Long Grand Basmati Rice
- 1 cup baby new potatoes, diced
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 cup baby carrots, halved
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 3 Tbsp rogan josh paste (vegan version if needed)
- ½ tsp toasted nigella seeds (also called black onion seeds)
- 1 cup canned chopped tomatoes
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup canned chickpeas, drained
- 1 large tomato, cut into quarters
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Cook the potatoes, cauliflower, and carrots in boiling water for 10–15 minutes, or until soft. Drain and cool.
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking, heat the oil in a separate large pan and add the onions, garlic, and ginger. Sauté for about 5 minutes to soften.
- Add the rogan josh paste and nigella seeds, and heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, cooked vegetables, chickpeas, and water, and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Add the fresh tomato quarters, salt and pepper and heat for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with basmati rice.