Vegetable Rogan Josh
From Tilda Kitchen
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 2
Tilda Pure Basmati rice is the perfect accompaniment to this delicious curry. Using our microwave pouch, you can save time on busy weekday evenings, giving you more time to sit back and enjoy your meal. Check out our recipe page for our tasty Lamb Rogan Josh for a non-vegetarian version.
1 cup Tilda Pure Basmati
1 cup baby new potatoes, diced
1 cup cauliflower florets
1 cup baby carrots, halved
2 tbs oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 thumb ginger, grated
3 tbs rogan josh paste (vegan version if needed)
½ tsp toasted black onion seeds
1 cup canned chopped tomatoes
¾ cup water
½ cup chickpeas, drained
1 large tomato, cut into quarters
Salt and black pepper, to season
- Cook the potatoes, cauliflower, and carrots in boiling water for 10–15 minutes until soft. Drain and cool.
- Add your rice to a pan of boiling water and cook for 20 minutes. While your rice is cooking, heat the oil in a separate large pan and add the onions, garlic, and ginger. Fry for about 5 minutes to soften.
- Add the rogan josh paste and black onion seeds, and heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, cooked vegetables, chickpeas, and water, and simmer for 5–10 minutes
- Add the fresh tomato quarters and heat for a couple of minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve piping hot.