Tasty Chicken Curry
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 4
A quick, light chicken curry with coconut and spinach. The perfect curry for a tasty yet nutritious night-in dinner!
1 pouch Tilda Wholegrain Basmati Rice
2 tbs coconut oil
1lb chicken breast, diced
1 large onion, diced
1 cup canned chopped tomatoes
3 tbs mild curry paste
⅔ cup water
⅔ cup coconut milk
⅔ cup cashew nuts
1¼ cups fresh coconut shavings
6¾ cups fresh spinach
2 handfuls fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1 tbs plain low-fat yogurt
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan and fry the onion for 2–3 minutes until soft.
- Add the chicken and fry for a further 2–3 minutes.
- Add the curry paste and cook for 2 minutes. Then add the water (if required) and chopped tomatoes. Season to taste.
- Cook for 10–12 minutes, then stir in the coconut milk.
- Add the cashew nuts and fresh coconut, and cook for 5 minutes. Add the spinach for the last 2 minutes of cooking time.
- Stir in the yogurt and cilantro, and serve with the cooked rice.