Grilled Chicken & Eggplant with Halloumi & Vegetables
- 31 - 60 Minutes
- Serves 1
The perfect accompaniment to your post-workout routine, this recipe is packed with micronutrients, with a balance of carbohydrates, protein, and fat for optimal recovery after exercise.
- 1 serving of Tilda Pure Basmati Rice
- ½ bell pepper (chopped)
- ¼ red onion (sliced)
- ½ eggplant (sliced in long thin pieces)
- Handful kale
- Handful button mushrooms
- ½ zucchini
- 1 chicken breast steak
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 small slices halloumi cheese
For accompanying dips
- ½ avocado
- Lime and lemon (for seasoning)
- 2 large salad tomatoes
- Sprig fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup natural yogurt
- Sprig fresh mint
- Start by chopping your bell pepper, onion, and zucchini.
- Slice your eggplant into long, thin pieces, along with the halloumi cheese.
- For the dips, start by mashing half an avocado, and seasoning it with chili pepper and a squeeze of lemon, then place it in a small bowl.
- Next, chop the 2 large salad tomatoes, removing the insides and pips and just cutting the outside flesh. Place this into another little dipping bowl, and season with lime, cilantro, salt, and pepper.
- Finally, make a yogurt and mint dip by mixing the natural yogurt with chopped mint, a squeeze of lime, and a sprinkle of pepper, and add to a third bowl.
- Add the pepper, onion, and zucchini to a roasting pan with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper. Cook for approximately 10–15 minutes at 320°F, until soft.
- Place the eggplant and halloumi in a griddle pan or on a George Foreman-style grill. Cook on both sides and place in the oven to keep warm.
- Use the same pan or grill to cook the chicken breast steak on a low heat to keep it succulent.
- Add a handful of kale and button mushrooms to a pan and season with paprika, salt, pepper, and a dash of olive oil. Fry off for a few minutes.
- Transfer into the oven roasting pan to crisp up. The kale should get nice and crispy.
- Cook your rice according to instructions on pack and serve to finished your dish