From Tilda Kitchen
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 2
A delicious jalfrezi with a seafood twist. Mix up your usual midweek menu and serve up this tasty curry in only 20 minutes. Replace shrimp with sweet potato and lentils for a tasty vegetarian alternative.
1 pouch Tilda Pure Basmati rice
1 tbs oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 thumb ginger, grated
1 green chili, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 tbs hot curry powder
1 cup canned chopped tomatoes
1 tbs tomato puree
1 tbs peri-peri sauce
½ cup water
1 preserved lemon, finely chopped
7oz raw shrimp
Salt and black pepper to season
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions, garlic, ginger, chili, and pepper, and fry for about 5–7 minutes to soften.
- Add the curry powder and cook for 1–2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, peri peri sauce, water, and preserved lemon and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp and cook until they turn pink.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve piping hot.
- Heat Tilda Pure Basmati rice as per pouch instructions and serve alongside the curry.