- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 2
- 1 pouch Tilda® Pure Basmati rice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 green chili, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 Tbsp hot curry powder
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp tomato puree1 Tbsp peri-peri sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1 preserved lemon, finely chopped
- ½ lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions, garlic, ginger, chili, and bell peppers, and sauté for about 5–7 minutes to soften.
Add the curry powder and cook for 1–2 minutes.
Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, peri peri sauce, water, and preserved lemon and simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in the shrimp and cook until they turn pink.
Heat rice per pouch instructions and serve alongside the curry.