Quick & Easy Chili Con Carne
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 3
Quick and easy spicy chili with turkey mince for a lighter feel. The chili also makes a great filling when paired with wraps for fajitas!
11/2 cup Tilda Pure Basmati Rice
1 tbs vegetable oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 tsp chili paste—we like chipotle chili paste
1lb 1oz lean turkey mince
1 small can beans of your choice, drained, i.e. kidney, cannellini, black-eyed, etc.
1 large can chopped tomatoes
Salt and pepper to season
2 tbs water
- Add your rice to boiling water and cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and leave to one side. Fry onions in a little oil until soft, then add the chili paste.
- Add the turkey mince and fry until browned all over.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice to the pan, cover with a lid, and cook over a low heat for a further 5 minutes to warm the rice through again.
- Season to taste and add a little water if needed.
- Serve with sour cream dip (optional).