Quick & Easy Chili Con Carne
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 3
Quick and easy spicy chili with ground turkey for a lighter feel. The chili also makes a great filling when paired with wraps for fajitas!
- 1 cup Tilda® Pure Basmati Rice
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tsp chili paste
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1-16 oz can of kidney beans
- 1-28 oz can chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in a large pan, add onions and sauté for 3 minutes, or until soft, then add chili paste.
- Add the ground turkey and fry until browned and cooked through.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes
- Gently stir the rice into the pan, cover with a lid, and heat on low for 2 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream (optional).