Tandoori Chicken with Mushroom Pilau
From Tilda Kitchen
- Serves 2
Spicy bites of marinated tandoori-style chicken with a delicate mushroom pilau using our White & Brown rice. Delicious when served with a natural yoghurt and a sprinkling of almonds.
1 pouch Tilda White & Brown rice
2 chicken breasts, sliced
2 tbsps natural yoghurt
1 large heaped tbsp curry paste ( we recommend a Mild Curry or Tandoori Paste)
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp mild curry powder or garam masala
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 thumb ginger, finely grated
1 clove garlic, crushed
100g mushrooms, sliced
Large handful fresh coriander, chopped
Small handful toasted flaked almonds
Large dollop of natural yoghurt (optional)
- Start by mixing the yoghurt and curry paste together. Then, stir through the chicken and leave to marinade for a few minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the onions, garlic, ginger and curry powder. Fry gently for 3- 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 2 -3 minutes.
- Heat the Tilda White & Brown rice in the microwave and add to the pan. Stir, reduce the heat and keep warm.
- Meanwhile heat a griddle pan until hot. Place the chicken pieces in the pan and cook on each side adding sear marks from the hot pan.
- When the chicken is cooked stir into the Mushroom Pilau. Stir in the coriander.
- Serve topped with the toasted almonds and a dollop of natural yoghurt if using.