Creamy Coconut Lentil Dhal
- Serves 2
A creamy and warming Indian-inspired dish that is both vegetarian and vegan. Perfect on its own as a warming lunch or as a side dish with your favourite curry and a dollop of mango chutney. What’s more, our tasty Sweet Potato, Chilli & Coconut Super Grains add a great source of protein!
- 1 pouch Sweet Potato, Chilli & Coconut Super Grains
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsps. mild curry powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 can green lentils, drained
- 1 x 250ml carton coconut cream
- 150ml cold water
- Small handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt & Black Pepper to season
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions and garlic and fry for about 5 minutes to soften.
- Sprinkle over the curry powder and turmeric and fry for 1 minute.
- Heat the Sweet Potato, Chilli & Coconut Super Grains in the microwave for 1 minute and add to the pan with the drained lentils.
- Add the coconut cream and water and simmer for 8-10 minutes until thick and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and finally stir though the coriander.