Chorizo and Halloumi Jambalaya
- 31 - 60 Minutes
All the deep south flavours are cooked up in this one-pot beauty. We’ve teamed up with MOB to put a spin on a Louisana classic by adding halloumi, and it is glorious. With its separate grains, our Easy Cook Long grain is perfect for making this delicious one-pot dish.
250g Block of Halloumi
1 Green Pepper
1 Red Pepper
2 Cloves of Garlic
225g Chorizo Ring
1 Tsp Hot Smoked Paprika
½ Tsp Cayenne Pepper
½ Tsp Dried Oregano
400g Chopped Tomatoes
300ml Chicken Stock
2 Spring Onions
- Dice your halloumi into 3cm chunks. Slice your chorizo into lengths, then cut in half and slice into half moons.
- Slice your onion, red pepper and green pepper into thin strips. Grate your garlic cloves.
- Heat a large pan with a lid over a medium-high heat with a little olive oil. Tip in your cubes of halloumi and fry for a few minutes until the cubes are golden on all sides. Remove all the halloumi from the pan and set aside until later.
- Add your chopped chorizo to the same pan. Fry for a few mins until crispy. Remove a third of the chorizo from the pan and set aside until later.
- Tip your onions into the pan and cook over a medium heat for 10 mins, or until your onions are nice and soft. Add your sliced red and green peppers and cook for 5 mins more.
- Add your garlic, hot smoked paprika, cayenne pepper and dried oregano. Cook for a 2 mins until lovely and fragrant.
- Wash the Easy Cook Long Grain rice using a sieve or colander by running under cold water for up to 20 seconds.
- Add your tomatoes, washed Tilda Easy Cook Long Grain Rice and chicken stock to the pan. Give it a stir then bring the mixture to a boil. Turn the heat down to a gentle simmer, then pop on a lid and cook for 12 mins. Remove from the heat and leave to sit with the lid still on for 10 mins more.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice your spring onions.
- Fluff your rice up with a fork, then sprinkle the dish with your spare chorizo and halloumi. Sprinkle with your sliced spring onions. Serve and enjoy!