Foluke's Jollof Rice
- 91 - 120 Minutes
- Serves 5
Jollof rice is a staple at gatherings in Africa, with each region putting a different twist to the dish. This mouthwatering jollof is a family recipe from Foluke. See her and her family in our Tildalicious video, and recreate it at home!
Tildalicious Tip: If you are cooking for the whole family and don’t want the rice to be too hot, omit the scotch bonnet.
- 500 grams Tilda Easy Cook Long grain rice
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 tins of plum tomatoes
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper
- ½ tbsp of curry powder
- 1 tbsp of concentrated tomato paste
- 1 tbsp of mixed herbs
- Bay leaves
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of all purpose seasoning
- 1 chicken knorr cube
- 3 tbsp of sunflower oil
- Finely chop the onion and scotch bonnet and place in a blender with the two tins of tomatoes and the concentrated tomato paste. Blend until smooth.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a pan and add the contents from the blender, the seasoning, herbs and then mix the with chicken stock. Simmer on a low heat for 60 minutes.
- Wash 500g of Tilda rice thoroughly until the water runs clear and add the rice into the jollof mixture. Simmer for another 25 minutes, always on a low heat.
- Season to taste.
- Serve as a side dish with oven-roasted marinated chicken and coleslaw.