Chilli Cheese Rice Balls
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 4
An Indian twist on a classic arancini ball! These balls are made using Tilda Pure Basmati rice, which is spiced and stuffed with cheese. They are delicious and make a great snack! It’s also a great way to use up any leftover rice! Courtesy of Ayesha Razak.
2 cups Tilda Pure Basmati cooked rice
100g panko breadcrumbs
6 heaped tbsp flour
2 fresh chillies, cut finely
2 spring onions, cut finely
Handful chopped coriander
1 tsp ginger and garlic paste
1 tbsp chilli powder
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp salt
- Begin with a bowl of leftover/cooked Tilda pure white rice
- Add in salt, ginger and garlic paste, cumin, chilli powder, coriander, chillies, spring onion – mix so everything is well combined.
- Mould rice into small balls and place a block of cheddar cheese in the centre.
- Place in fridge for 15-20 mins to help balls firm up (optional)
- Remove from fridge and coat rice balls in flour, egg wash and breadcrumbs.
- Fry until golden brown.