Barbecued Halloumi with Sweet Chilli Glaze
- Serves 2
Perfectly grilled and melted in the middle, this sweet chilli glazed halloumi will be the unexpected star of the summer BBQ. Add some extra heat with our delicious Peri Peri rice.
Tildalicious tip: cut the halloumi slices about 1 cm so that they're thick enough not to disintegrate and thin enough to get a bit melty in the middle.
- 1 pouch Tilda Peri Peri rice
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 15g capers, drained and roughly chopped
- 300g cherry tomatoes on the vine, cut into quarters
- A small mixed handful of fresh coriander and basil, roughly chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely sliced
- 250g 30% reduced fat halloumi cheese, cut into 1cm slices
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce, warmed for 10 seconds in the microwave until runny if needed
- Make the salad dressing by combining red wine vinegar, olive oil and capers in a clean jam jar and shake well.
- Next, combine the chopped tomatoes with the coriander, basil, red onion and mix through the dressing.
- Cook the halloumi slices on a barbecue over grey coals or a medium to high heat on a gas barbecue for 2 minutes on each side, pressing down slightly to flatten the cheese. This will ensure its melted in the middle. Remove from the heat and brush with the sweet chilli sauce.
- Meanwhile, cook the Tilda Peri Peri rice according to pack instructions.
- Serve the barbecued halloumi with the tomato salad and rice.