- 31 - 60 Minutes
Banga Rice, a traditional Nigerian dish using Easy Cook Long Grain rice smothered in Banga broth combined with juicy cuts of assorted meats. Courtesy of Lovely (@Jubsyjubzfood).
500g Tilda Easy Cook Long Grain Rice
800g Banga Palm nut soup
50g Dried shrimps
1 Smoked catfish
270g Fresh prawns
1 Scotch bonnet pepper
1 Sweet pepper
1 Red bell pepper
1 Tablespoon Vegetable oil
2 Maggi cube
1 Teaspoon salt
1/2 Teaspoon Banga spice
124g Cow skin (Kpomo) cooked (optional)
- Chop the onions and cow skin into small pieces, discard the head of the smoked catfish and break it into smaller chunks. Do the same for the dried shrimps.
- Using a food processor pulse the bell pepper, sweet pepper, and scotch bonnet until they are fine but still visible.
- Soak the rice in hot water for 5 minutes then wash and rinse out the water to remove any excess starch.
- Soak the dried scent leaves in hot water for 5 minutes and then discard the water .
- Add Sunflower oil to a heated pan and pour in the onions, allow to simmer for a few seconds, followed by the sweet pepper, scotch bonnet and red bell pepper blend. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the banga palm nut soup, cow skin, smoked catfish, half of the crayfish, half of the dried shrimp, Maggi, salt, banga spice and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the Tilda Easy Cook Long grain rice and 200g of water and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon stir the rice and add the remaining crayfish, dried shrimp, and scent leaves.
- At this point you can taste it and add additional Maggi or salt if needed, reduce the heat and cook for additional 10 minutes, enjoy.