Ackee and Callaloo Fried Rice
- 0 - 30 Minutes
- Serves 4
Inspired by the flavours of Jamaica, the ackee brings a nutty, creamy, texture and our Coconut, Chilli & Lemongrass rice blends incredibly with the fresh ingredients. A combo from heaven! Tildalicious tip: If you cannot get your hands on fresh callaloo you can swap it our for spinach. Callaloo is part of the spinach family.
Recipe created by Original Flava
2 tbsp coconut oil
4 garlic cloves
Small knob of ginger
1 red bell pepper
1/2 scotch bonnet
280g fresh callaloo
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp pimento or all spice
100g coconut shavings
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
- Add coconut oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat. Dice onions and garlic and grate the ginger. Thinly slice the bell peppers and de-seed and dice the scotch bonnet. Add it all into the pan, mix together and cook for 3 mins until the vegetables soften.
- Add in the fresh callaloo and season with salt, black pepper, dried thyme, and all spice. Cook for 5 mins.
- Add 2 pouches of Tilda Coconut, Chilli & Lemongrass rice and stir together to combine all of the flavours.
- Drain and add in the ackee. Mix together gently to avoid the ackee going mushy then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once its ready, pour into a bowl and garnish with black pepper and coconut shavings. Enjoy!